Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wild Thing, do do do do, You make my Heart Sing




Spike Jonze's film adaptation of the children's book by Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are is going to be epic, fucking epic! I can not wait until its release later this year. I love the stills i have seen from it so far and I even found some test footage which i will share with you, below. I also found out that Disney owned the rights to the book back in the 1980's, when I was just a twinkle in my Daddys eye. They set upon making it into a film, mixing the old-school disney animation with 3D computery graphics (Im shit with computers, but it looks like Toy Story, etc). Anyway they ended up abandoning the project and lost the rights. I found a sneak peek at some of the footage they had produced so far, which i will also share with you.

Finally I had been searching high and low for the trailer of the film and came out fruitless when my good friend Rory came to the rescue and sent me a link, Thank you Rawwwwwwwwwwwry! So, enjoy these little clips. This film is seriously going to change my life. I mean the music to the trailer is ARCADE FIRE, God its just a film sent from heaven really.

TRAILER -





TEST FOOTAGE -

DISNEY FOOTAGE -

1 comment:

  1. I actually studied this book in college,in my english course called "no place like home?" it was class. I just saw your post now, it is an epic book.

    ReplyDelete