Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dont step on my Studded/Spikey Shoes

Its just past midnight and I should be studying for my Cultural Identities exam which is technically tomorrow. Its all very interesting, I'm focusing on the monstrous female body... and doubly monstrous women; women who are doubly monstrous because they are female and disabled. Im looking at how female amputees in horror films are portrayed as deviant and monstrous... so anyway I gave up studying for a while to take a look back over Junya Watanabe's last few collections -as one does the day before their exams. The reasoning behind this is, I did a presentation on Comme Des Garcons (Junya Watanabe and Rei Kawakubo) for Cultural Identities last year. Looking at how the garments of Comme Des Garcons deconstructed gender ideals - they basically get rid of gender in their clothes... So I came across these babies from Watanbe's Autumn/Fall Collection 2006



I studded two pairs of cheap boots that I have, im very tempted to get a nice pair of brogues and stud them now. Ok now back to the study....

No comments:

Post a Comment